How will you support my practice/research?
The INSIGHT CRN will provide patients, clinicians, and investigators a one-stop resources to perform prep-to-research, observational studies, and pragmatic clinical trials with patients and providers form across New York City.
The INSIGHT CRN’s data repository and research operations were launched in 2015 and have extensive clinical, claims and social determinants data.
What is the INSIGHT CRN?
The INSIGHT Clinical Research Network brings together nearly two-dozen organizations, which are individually and collaboratively already pursuing data sharing and patient-centered clinical research.
The INSIGHT CRN has developed the capacity to:
- Create a research-ready dataset of at least 12 million NYC patients that is:
- Secure and does not identify individual patients
- Comprehensive, using data from EHRs to describe patients’ care experience over time and in different care settings
- Involve patients, clinicians, and health system leaders in all aspects of creating and running the network
- Develop the ability to run a clinical trial in the participating systems that fits seamlessly into healthcare operations
The INSIGHT CRN is a “network of networks,” building on the strengths of each participating organization, in particular the 6 Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSAs), sharing capabilities across organizations, and facilitating coordinated, patient-centered clinical research within our and across other CRNs.
The INSIGHT CRN is initially funded by the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI); additional information about the PCORI Network initiatives can be found here.